Thursday, June 13, 2013

I love you



 A little story, I promise it's worth the read.

We went rollerskating last night. Most weeks... lol I'm too old or uncool to skate next to, she afterall is a young adult now. I get it. I do. She's at that age she wants to go off on her own. Much to my surprise she held my hand the whole night.

At one point I got off the floor, encouraged her to skate on her own like she normally does.

I stood there watching her. She hesitated, looked back and slowly went off by ...herself. Just as she was about to go around the corner .... she turns around and starts skating back the opposite direction, not looking anywhere but straight ahead. The other skaters didn't phase her, not even when a couple of them nearly skated into her, she just brushed them off and around her. She remained focused never once taking her eyes off me .... reaching the place where I was standing waiting and watching in amazement, she took my hand, pulled me out onto the floor to skate with her. and didn't let go of it the rest of the night.


It was the loudest, most profound I love you ...
I have ever heard.







I know there are a lot of parents who would give anything to hear their child verbally say "I love you". I risk alienating many of you by saying I don't need to hear the words come from her mouth. Everytime she reaches for my hand, or rests hers on my shoulder I know. More often than not, I think words are over rated. Hannah lives in "action" and her actions speak loudly.

How many times in our lives have we said actions speak louder than words?
I have. In fact I say it a lot. I can only hope my actions speak as well as Hannah's do.













One Love. One Peace. Always and all ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...